This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising adult and youth athletic programs.
- Plans, promotes, coordinates, and supervises adult and youth athletic programs, including tournaments and special events.
- Issues equipment, recruits coaches, and supervises practices and games for all sports.
- Cleans and prepares gymnasium and ballfields for events, including mowing and lining fields, performing general building maintenance duties, and removing trash from grounds.
- Trains and supervises athletic staff, including part-time and seasonal personnel.
- Cleans and maintains restrooms, gymnasiums, ballfields, and other departmental facilities.
- Ensures that employees follow safety rules and regulations.
- Represents the county and department at district and state tournaments.
- Transports workers to and from various facilities.
- Assists with the development of policies, rules, and regulations for departmental programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This position has direct supervision over Maintenance Workers, Administrative Assistant, and functional supervision over part-time and seasonal personnel.
- The Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- One to three years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
How to Apply
It is requested that applications be completed online. However, paper applications are available at the:
Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office
1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201
Greensboro GA 30642.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE