If I have a complaint about a permit, inspection or zoning problem, who do I contact?

Our office strives to offer a fair and unbiased experience while following the rules and regulations set in place by federal, state and county laws. If at any time you feel you need to have your situation reviewed, you may contact the Building Official either by email or by phone at 706-453-3333.

Show All Answers

1. I want to move a manufactured/mobile home into Greene County, what is my first step?
2. What are the setbacks in Greene County?
3. I want to work as a Builder or Trade Professional in the construction industry in Greene County. Do I need a State License?
4. Can I have an Inspector come out at a specified time?
5. If the power has been disconnected from my property, does the property have to be inspected before the power company will reconnect it?
6. If I have a complaint about a permit, inspection or zoning problem, who do I contact?
7. Does Greene County require an Occupational Tax Certificate from contractors and subcontractors to obtain a permit?
8. Does Greene County perform temporary power pole inspections?
9. What type of business can I operate on my land?
10. Is a site plan required in Greene County?
11. Do you have plans in your office for review of a job built in Greene County?
12. I’m looking for someone to perform work at my house. Do you have a list of professional builders, engineers, or contractors you can recommend?
13. Where do I obtain a septic letter? How do I see if my parcel will perc for a septic permit?
14. I want to sub-divide my land and sell lots. What do I need to do?
15. What permit application do I use for a remodel project in Greene County?
16. Where can I obtain a Building Permit?
17. Is there an Airport over-lay district?
18. Is there a Short Term Rental Overlay District?
19. Can I rent my house in Greene County?