Submit an Open Records Request
Records Maintained by the Board of Commissioners
The Greene County Board of Commissioners maintains records for the following offices:
- Animal Control
- Board of Commissioners
- Building and Zoning
- County Commissioners
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- General Administration
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Public Buildings
- Road Department
- Senior Center
Records Maintained by Other Agencies
We do not maintain records for the following offices:
- Any Court-related offices
- Sheriff’s Department
- Tax Assessor
- Tax Commissioner
You will need to contact those agencies individually to obtain records in those offices’ possession.
Submit a Request
About Submitting a Request
What you need to know about submitting an open records request:
- When making your request, please be sure you know specifically what record you need.
- Most records requests can be completed in a timely manner, but don’t forget to ask for records in advance. The Open Records Officer has up to three business days to either make the records available, provide a timetable/estimate for providing the records, or provide a written explanation as to why the specific record is an exception to the Open Records Law.
- Also, the law allows for the copying of documents to be up to 10 cents per page. If the retrieval of the record requires significant administrative costs, you could be billed an hourly rate that would not exceed the salary of the lowest-paid full-time employee who, in the discretion of the Open Records Officer, has the necessary skill and training to search and retrieve the records requested.
Note: It is not always necessary to charge for the retrieval of records, and if possible, the records can be emailed if you would rather save in printing costs.