Photo Identification Requirements
Except as noted below, ALL voters are required to present proper identification to a poll worker at or prior to completion of a voter’s certificate.
Proper identification shall consist of any one of the following:
- A Georgia driver’s license which was properly issued by the appropriate state agency;
- A valid Georgia voter identification card 1 or other valid identification card issued by a branch, department, agency, or entity of the State of Georgia, any other state, or the United States authorized by law to issue personal identification, provided that such identification card contains a photograph of the voter;
- A valid United States passport;
- A valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States government, this state or any county, municipality, board, authority, or other entity of this state;
- A valid United States military identification card, provided that such identification card contains a photograph of the voter; or
- A valid tribal identification card containing a photograph of the voter.
If the voter does not have any of these forms of identification, he or she may vote a provisional ballot upon swearing or affirming that he or she is the person identified in the voter certificate.
A voter who registered to vote by mail, but did not furnish the required identification at that time and is voting for the first time in this state is required to present either a form of identification listed or a document that shows the name and address of the voter. These include copies of a current:
- Bank statement
- Government check
- Utility bill
- Other government documents