- Your Government
- Department Listing
- Senior Center
- Meal Services
The Greene County Senior Center and the Northeast Georgia Area Agency on Aging offer a variety of meal services for our members.
A well-balanced, nutritional meal is served daily at noon in a group setting. To participate you must:
- Be a member of the Greene County Senior Center. View a copy of the Senior Center Application (PDF).
- Call the center one day in advance to make reservations at 706-453-7463.
- Let us know when making reservations if you will need transportation.
Home Delivered Meals
Meals are provided to temporarily or permanently homebound citizens through Northeast Georgia Area Agency on Aging and the Community Care Services Program. To participate you must:
- Enroll for the Homebound Meal program by applying through the Northeast Georgia Area Agency on Aging. They can be contacted at 706-583-2546, ext. 204 or 800-474-7540.
- If you would like to make a referral on behalf of someone else, click here to be taken to an online referral form.
- Once approved, the Georgia Area Agency on Aging will refer you to the senior center to start the delivery of meals. After you are placed on a route for daily delivery, the only time a call is needed is if you are not going to be home (ex. doctor’s appointment, hospital stay, etc.) or if you want to change or cancel your service.
Donations for meals are appreciated, however, no-one will be turned away for the inability to make a donation.
The Greene County Senior Center welcomes volunteers for the Meals on Wheels program. To find out how you can make a difference in the lives of some of the seniors in your community, call 706-453-7463.
Northeast Georgia Area Agency of Aging
For more information the Northeast Georgia Area Agency of Aging download their brochure (JPG).
Community Care Services Program
For more information on eligibility guidelines and services offered through Community Care Services Program download their brochure (PDF).